MPs Computers is looking for those who are truly passionate in
the field of networking and enjoy the challenge of learning a discipline that changes daily while
working with great clients.
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades and general support for Cisco, juniper ,hp ,Nortel and extreme network equipment.
- Evaluate, test and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the continuous and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continues learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
- Proactive monitoring of all network services and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLAs.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purpose
- Assist in developing implementing testing and maintaining disaster recovery purpose
- Manage and troubleshoot network and internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with the fellows tech team member to provide end user support and issue. resolution
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Attend and actively participate in weekly meeting.
- Diploma in networking computer science information technology or related work experience (relevant experience field preferred and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Minimum, 2-3 years of experience in networking administration.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with networking equipment specifically including maintenance and upgrades.
- Significant experience working with linux and windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of networking including : TCP/IP VLANS Ethernet SONET switching routing and routing protocols (BGP/OSPF) 802 IQ and DHS.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skill and apply them as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Closing date: 31 April 2017.
- Should you not be contacted within 15 days after closing date, declare your application unsuccessful.
- Forward your C.V only, not qualification copies. on a successful candidate will be require to bring along these sources during the interview.
- Enquiries: contact Mapule on 013 231 8548.
- Forward your cv to: email@example.com
At MPs Computers we offer a comprehensive range of IT Support services. When looking for an IT Support Company, make sure that all your needs are covered. Besides Email support, Network support, Internet and connectivity fail-overs, our MPs IT Quick Support via Teamviewer on Desktop or App now available for Android, Windows, iOS & Mac OS X means you're always able to connect with us. Choose from our On-Site or Off-Site Outsourced IT Support Contracts across South Africa which will suit your business & unique needs